Caldwell High School
Career and Technical Education
CTE is a combination of academic knowledge and technical skills that will help in pursuing rewarding careers. CTE can provide you real life skills that employers are increasingly demanding as an employee entering into your career. CTE takes students even further during their high school experiences by providing opportunities and networking with members of their communities. Caldwell High would like for you to join a CTE class to help you to further your skills and careers.
Click on Class to view courses description:
Courses are listed at suggested grade levels in high school some may be taken in other grades. More information can be found in the Course Handbook or you can talk to your instructor and counselor for further information. Some courses do not offer certification but do offer dual high school and college credits.
Certified Nurse Assistant
Rehabilitative Sports Medicine
High School Business
Family Consumer Science/Hospitality Services
Agriculture and Natural Resources/Plant Science
91% of parents of students in CTE believe their child is getting a leg up on their career, compared to only 44% of prospective parents.
82% of CTE students are satisfied with their ability to learn real-world skills in school, compared to only 51% of non-CTE students.
80% of parents of students in CTE are satisfied with their ability to participate in internships, compared to only 30% of prospective parents.
Parents and students involved in CTE were more satisfied than those not involved in CTE with regards to their:
- Overall education experience
- Quality of the classes
- Quality of teachers
- Ability to begin preparing for and get a leg up on your career
- Opportunities to explore different careers of interest
- Opportunities to earn college credit(s)
- Opportunities to earn credits towards a certification
- Opportunities for internships
- Ability to learn real-world skills
- Opportunities to make connections and network with employers
- Social life opportunities
- Opportunities to take elective course