What's going on:
- Website: https://vb.knowledgematters.com/
- Retail -- Course Key is ZQ5KW6
- Personal Finance -- Course Code is FL9NX7
- Sports & Entertainment -- Course Code is KG9HF7
- Hotel -- Course Code is ZZ2HW5
- Fashion -- Course Code is NG5SF2
- Restaurant Management -- Course Code is JP7WL6
I believe in the future which I am planning for myself in the field of marketing and management, and in the opportunities which my vocation offers.
I believe in fulfilling the highest measure of service to my vocation, my fellow beings, my country and my god, that by so doing, I will be rewarded with personal satisfaction and material wealth.
I believe in the democratic philosophies of private enterprise and competition, and in the freedoms of this nation. that these philosophies allow for the fullest development of my individual abilities.
I believe that by doing my best to live according to these high principles, I will be of greater service both to myself and to mankind.
DECA promo from Dee Winegar on Vimeo.
#OwnYourFuture Membership Video | 2016-2017 from DECA Inc. on Vimeo.
What do we do in DECA:
DECA prepares emerging leaders and entrepreneurs for careers in marketing, finance, hospitality and management in high schools and colleges around the globe. www.deca.org
DECA provides many opportunities for students to develop skills in marketing, finance, hospitality, and management. We compete at regional and State Competitions every year, and have the opportunity to compete in national events. This years regional event will be held in Couer d'Alene, and our state event will be held in Nampa. The DECA National competition will be held in Orlando, Florida.
DECA activities include:
- Fundraising for competitions
- Community Service Project
- Participation in Global Entrepreneurship Week
- Participation in Career and Technical Education Month
- Opportunities to participate in virtual business challenges, the stock market game, a school yearbook marketing campaign, and a fashion design challenge.
If you are interested in DECA you can learn more by:
- Attending a meeting on Thursday after school at 3:00 in room 136
- Visit DECA on the web and on social media
- Contacting Mr. Winegar or any of the student officers
DECA Officers for the 2017-2018 School Year:
President: Adara Sanchez
Vice President: John Henrie
Vice President: Cristian Gamino
Caleb Brundage: Treasurer